Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Year rhymes




Which Year?


A new year's here,
but what happened to the last?

I lost track a while back
when the last '19' went past.




New-Year Old-Year Solutions

New Year resolutions!
What shall I do?
Those from last year
still in the queue.

Find solutions
for all those resolutions -

and this time see them through!



New Year; Old War

In 1914 there was war.
In 2014 there is more.
What was it for? What IS it for?
Nobody ever seems sure.




Waiting Up for Midnight

I'm trying to stay awake.
If I drop off, give me a shake.
Hours to go before tomorrow
and who knows whose hands to shake?





All poems by Kate Williams.
Copyright: Kate Williams. All rights reserved.



Details of performances, workshops & published work @ poemsforfun.wordpress.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment